Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Music in My Life

     I am obsessed with music.  I love looking through my music because it reminds me of certain parts of life.  To me listening to certain songs is like looking through a scrapbook of memories.  When I was a preteen I was obsessed with Hillary Duff.   The song that reminds me of the period in my life is “Why Not” I think when your that age you believe you can do anything.  When I was pre-teen I was in dance class almost every day, so with my spare time on the weekends I would make up dances to Hillary Duff songs some of them I remember to this day. 
            In high school I started to watch the show “Glee”.   One of my favorite songs they sang is “I’ll Stand By You”.  I made some friends in high school who I know will always stand by me and this song reminds me of how they always had my back.   Another song that reminds me of high school is “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus.   The song talks about how life is not always easy, but these are the moments that make up the person you are.  I have always been told that I have strong work ethic and to me in order to reach the top of my mountain is working hard in school.  Another song that reminds me of high school is “Mean” by Taylor Swift.  If you know anything about high school is that some girls can be really mean.  I love this song because it talks about how the person who was being picked on was not going to continue the cycle and be mean to others.  Sometimes I felt like bullying in high school was a cycle and this song gave me the strength not to continue the cycle.  The last song I joked with my best friend that it was our song, “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars.  I always felt like I could be the true me with this friend.

            In college my freshman year I heard, “What Makes You Beautiful,” by Boyce Avenue and fell in love with this song.  I think this song captures most college girls and how they feel about themselves, but in reality they are really beautiful.  My current favorite song is “This Little Light of Mine,” by Addison Road.  This song talks about how everyone brings something to the world and they should share it with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment