Monday, October 14, 2013

Things that make me happy

1.       My dog – my dog has been in my life since I was nine years old, so basically I can’t remember life before her.  Last weekend I was able to go home for the first time this school year and nothing beats the feeling when my dog greets me at the door.   She wags her tail and makes me feel like royalty.   She has her own special way of saying thank you.  Every time I take her for a walk she wags her tail in appreciation smiles at me.   She always lets me know that she is grateful that I took her on that walk and it always makes me want to do it again.
2.       Dancing – I have been dancing since I was four years old.  My favorite type of dance is ballet, but any kind of dancing is fun to me.  At my school twice a week I take a zumba class and I’m pretty sure I do not stop smiling until the class is over.  I am not a person that likes to be on stage, but the only exception to that is when I dance.
3.       Reading – I love to read.  To me reading is like taking a vacation in your mind.  You get to go somewhere new and meet new people.  My favorite kinds of books are suspenseful the ones that make you keep wanting to turn the page.
4.       Feeling tall – ok this might sound silly.  I am short.  You know when people line up to take a picture and they say all the short people in front, I’m always in the first row.   When I am with someone who is shorter than me it makes me feel less short.
5.       My family – my family is my rock.  Every time a break is coming up at school I can’t wait to go home and see my family.  My mom always makes my favorite meals when I go home.  This always makes me super happy.  I miss my mom’s cooking terribly when I’m at school.  Almost every weekend my family takes a hike and I love this it is a time when we are all together.  My brother and dad were both boy scouts, so they love the woods. 

6.       My Friends - My friends make me laugh and keep me grounded.  Sometimes they know me better than I know myself.   I live far away from home when I am at school so some of my friends I consider a second family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment