Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Take Risks

So in my life I have learned that sometimes taking a risk that kind of scares you is worth it because you find something you love.  Sometimes risks do not work out, but the ones that do you will be thanking yourself for taking.  I am not a big risk taker.  I was the kid in elementary school that always followed the rules; let’s just say I’m a rule lover. 
In my senior year of high school I took one of these risks.  I decided to join the cross country team.  Until my senior year I had never participated in a school sport and I guess I wanted to have that experience before I graduated.  My school did not have any cuts.  The summer before I worked on my running, but keep in mind I had never run for a school until this year.  I found out that I love to run.  When the fall came I was so excited to run for the team.  Each day we had a meet I was so excited to run.   My team was great and some of my close friends were on the team.  We would cheer each other on during practices.  At the end of the season I received the most improved award.   To this day I run to get exercise.  For me running is a great stress reliever, so anytime life is stressing me out I go for a run.  
My second chance big I took in my life was joining a sorority in college.  I am a very serious student and my school work is very important to me.  My freshman year a lot of my friends joined sororities, but I did not.  One my worries was juggling school and the sorority.  My sophomore year I met a girl in my math class who I just hit it off with right away.  She was in a sorority and she was also very serious about school.  Long story short I ended up in sorority and I can say today I don’t know what I would do without these girls.  They have built my self-esteem up so much and made me start to believe in myself.  When I came to college I did not have a lot of self-confidence, but being with these girls has shown me how to believe in myself.  They even help me with my homework, so I gained study buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment