Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Puppy

In October my family got a new puppy. I do not remember the puppy days with our previous dog. She passed away last summer. I was only nine when we got her.

As I said previously I work with kids a lot, but not so much babies. Watching a puppy during her first couple months of life has been a learning experience for me. The day my parents brought her home she hid under a desk. I first met her on Thanksgiving break. She was so little and loved to be heled. I played with her a bunch over Christmas break, but the real bonding began this summer. I work during the day and the first few days home she would guard the door not wanting me to leave. This made me feel guilty. Eventually she figured out that I came home each afternoon. After my job we go for a walk.

We just got back from a vacation where she swam for the first time. I was so proud of her. She used to avoid water like the plague. On the afternoon walks we would take her to a stream to warm her up to water. She was so funny in the sand she loved to dig holes and put her head in it.

I am so thankful my family got her. She is the sassiest dog I know. She makes me smile every day

No comments:

Post a Comment