Monday, June 29, 2015

5 Things I Believe In

1.    Hard work pays off – My whole life I have lived by this.  Yes I have been there when you spent your whole weekend working on a project and you go to class on Monday and your teacher extends the deadline.  Think of it this way you have your afternoon off while your peers are working on the project.  One of my professor said that slackers will make it in college, but once they get into the real world it’s going to hit them.  Work ahead you will thank yourself later. 
2.    Don’t be afraid to be your self – I really like to color and some people might consider this childish, but for me it is really relaxing.  Every time I have finals I usually end up coloring for a break.  For my nineteenth birthday I got two coloring books and a huge box of crayons I could not be more excited.  For Valentine’s Day I colored each of my sorority sisters a Valentine’s picture and wrote a note to them.  They really seemed to appreciate it, so sometimes the things that make you unique make you really likeable.
3.    If you care about someone let them know - I think it really important to let people know how much they mean to you.  I text some my friends every day and let them know how much they mean to me.   This is something that I feel is getting lost in our society and being told that you mean something someone is a real confidence boost.
4.    Alone time is a good thing – When I first started college I wanted to be with people all the time as I have gotten older I have realized that being alone is sometimes nice.  After a long day it is really nice to sit down and read a book in a quiet place.
5.    Work on Your Weaknesses – If you try to avoid your weaknesses you are never going to get better at them. Face them head on.  When I was younger I would run away from my weaknesses, but in the end I would save time if I just dealt with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment