Friday, May 16, 2014

My Dog

             We got my dog, Maisie when I was nine years old.  She has been around for more than half of my life.  She is a yellow lab and loves people.  Cats scare her, which is funny because all the dogs you see on t.v. are scaring the cats.  Her hair stands up on her back when she is scared.  I know this is going to sound weird, but my dog is really positive.  She is always happy and inspires me to be.  When I come home from college she has the best greeting.
            The week I came home for the summer my mom text me that Maisie would not stand up.  She is thirteen now.  My parent took her to the vet they think she has spinal damage.  She got acupuncture.  I did not know this existed for dogs, but it really seemed to help her.  She is on a lot of pills right now, but she does not mind because she takes them with peanut butter.  The time of the day when she is most animated is meal times.  Watching her walk makes me want to cry because she keeps slipping. 

            Last summer I worked in a day care and mostly in the baby room.  When I got home I would tell Maisie that she is my baby.  When I was eleven I taught her to sit and lay down.  Sometimes she mixes them up.  She loves to have her ears rubbed.  She also loves car rides.  When she was younger she would hop up into the driver seat when we were in the store.  She rode in the car when I was first learning to drive.  She is one brave dog.  She is hilarious when she goes swimming because she always forgets to hold her head up and she swallows water.   She hates baths, but sometimes she can get pretty stinky.  She gets pretty mad at my mom if she has to get a bath.  I love when my mom brings her in the car to pick me up.  She usually rolls done the back window, so when I come out I can see my panting dog smiling at me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment