Sunday, May 4, 2014

Friendship


            I have been thinking about friendship a lot because graduation is coming up at my school.   Friends bring a lot of things to your life; they surprise you, they disappoint you, they lift you up, they make you giggle, they teach a new thing, they will let you down, and best of all they love you.  During the summer I don’t get to see my friends because I live far away from school, but I usually keep in contact with them.
One of my good friends is graduating next week.  She only came into my life last school year, but she has made a big impact on my life.  She has become a role model in my life.  She is an education major just like me.  Her dream is to be a preschool teacher.  She gives me really good advice on what classes to take.  She works really hard and gave up every summer to take classes.  Trust me taking summer classes are a lot of work. I have taken summer classes each summer and most of them have been online, but they are still a lot of work.
In college I have learned it does not really matter how many friends I have it’s the quality of friends you have.  In high school it seemed like it mattered how many friends you have.  I have found some friends that are true friends and they are my biggest cheerleaders.  My one friend is so sweet she is a history major, but she always asked me about my field work.  I always work in a daycare and she will ask me how the kids were.  My one friend’s mom was teacher and she always helps me what is grade level appropriate.  Another friend I have and I have awkward story time.  I know this sounds weird, but some pretty awkward stuff happens to us.

This school year I was a president of a club.  At first it was pretty stressful, but one of my good friends stepped up and helped me come up with some ideas.   I don’t think if she had helped me the club would have turned out as good as it did.  I made some good friends through this club and I found some people that I can really count on.  It’s a community service club and we do different projects to help people in the community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment